Happy Wednesday beauties!
As soon as I laid my eyes on this dress at Marshall’s I knew I could not pass it up! I immediately thought of everywhere I could wear it to this summer! Between bridal showers, birthday celebrations and weddings I knew my $35 would go a long way! Yes, $35!! I love you Marshall’s. 🙂
Unfortunately, I could not find the exact dress to link up, but I spent a lot of time looking for similar ones for you so please don’t be mad at me! 🙂
How cute are all of these dresses right?!
Okay, so now that you know what you are wearing to your next soiree let’s talk about wedding dresses! With wedding season in full force it made me think of all the brides and also of you beautiful wives out there that may still be trying to figure out what to do with your wedding dress!
Here are 5 great ideas:
- Donate it – Brides Across America is an organization that provides wedding dresses to Military wives and first responders across America that otherwise may not be able to afford such a dress. This organization handles the screening process to ensure that each recipient fits the qualifications. You can make a special woman one happy and beautiful bride!
2. Trash the Dress- Now these would make for some great blog photos! I have seen some really cool “trash the dress” pictures of a bride and groom literally standing in the ocean while the waves crashed against them (and the dress). I also saw a really fun shoot with a bride and groom splashing paint all over each other. The photos were just so candid and full of laughter! I think this is such a fun idea! I even saw some photos where the bride lit her dress on fire while she was wearing it! No really! That doesn’t just happen in Hunger Games guys. That thought kind of scares me, but the pictures came out really neat!
3. Design some lingerie pieces- these pieces can be sewn from the fabric of your wedding dress. This way you can have pieces in your closet from your wedding dress that you will actually wear and will not take up all the much needed space in your closet.
4. Frame it – Some women cannot imagine getting rid of their special dress and I have seen many Pinterest posts where the bride has her dress preserved and placed in a shadow box to be on display in their home.
5. Sell it- This is what I did! 🙂 I brought mine to Marry Go Round in Houston. It is a bridal consignment shop that I totally wish I knew about when I was planning our wedding! There are also websites where you can sell your dress online. I tried this at first, but some of the inquiries I was getting seemed a little sketch so I decided to go the local route. Once you and the Marry Go Round staff agree on a price they add it to the boutique to be sold! My dress and veil sold fairly quickly and the boutique just sent me a check in the mail. As easy as that! Also, if you read my post here, you would have read that this was part of my 1 year anniversary “paper” gift to Brandon, haha! I mean who doesn’t want unexpected cash money!
I know getting rid of your dress completely may not be easy for some people, but just remember donating it is totally going to make someone’s day and if you choose to sell it you can make room and some money to buy things you will actually get more use out of!
Honestly, if I would have known about Brides Across America when I was trying to decide what to do with my dress I would have definitely gone the donation route. This may sound crazy, but it was not a hard decision for me to sell my dress. Of course I absolutely loved it and wore it to one of the best days of my life, but the memories are what I will hold onto forever. The dress is just a dress and Lord knows I needed the room in my closet! 🙂
I would love to hear your feedback on this. What did you do with your dress?
Thank you so much for reading!
**If you enjoyed this post you may want to check out Wedding Season Dont’s.