“I’m sorry for what I said when I was hungry”
My go-to appetizer! If you have been to my house for any type of gathering or have invited me to your potluck then you have had this marinated cheese! It is so incredibly easily to make and soooo delicious! I promise it won’t disappoint!
- 8oz sharp cheddar cheese
- 1(8oz) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash salt (to taste)
- 1 dash black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1(2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves (I used the minced garlic purchased in a jar)
- Cut cheddar cheese and cream cheese into 1/4 inch slices, then again in half so they are little squares.
- Using a small dish, place cheese slices in rows alternating cheddar and cream cheese.
4. Shake up ingredients in the jar until it all begins to mix together.
5. Pour marinade over cheese, cover and refrigerate overnight. If you do not have time to let it sit over night I would recommend letting this sit for at least 4 hours for ultimate deliciousness!
5. Remove from fridge when ready to serve. You can transfer them to a different platter if you choose. Serve with crackers and enjoy!